Wednesday 3 February 2016

We're Engaged!

I'm sure if you follow me on any of my social media you'll know this already but on the 28th of January, Sam asked me to be his wife, and I said yes!

In a style so completely us that I don't think it could have been any more perfect, Sam asked me in our favourite hotel, that we were staying in as a birthday present for me (or so I thought!).
The day of the proposal on our blustery beach walk. 
I had just got out of the bath, make up less, damp hair and probably looking a bit pink. I found the ring hidden behind a very grown up love note (Jacq loves Sam 4eva and eva!) that I had written Sam earlier to thank him, in a silly way, for the hotel room. Upon finding the ring I completely froze and Sam, being the oh so cool person that he is said 'So, shall we get married then?' I'm not ashamed to say I cried before holding out a shaking hand for him to put the ring on. We had champagne on ice ready to pop (me not Sam, he's scared of it!) to toast our future.
The first sunrise we saw as an engaged couple. All firsts at the moment are feeling so special, and both Sam and I keep catching ourselves looking at that ring on my finger and thinking about everything it means. We couldn't be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...